Los Angeles, United States, May 24, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – Pipeline of acute bacterial infections of the skin and structures comprising a plethora of emerging drugs, from key companies
Ceftobiprole Medocaril in phase III trials is expected to prove to be the most effective treatment for acute bacterial infections of the skin and skin structures.
DelveInsight’s ‘Acute bacterial infections of the skin and structures (ABSSSI) Pipeline Insights‘ The report offers a detailed picture of emerging ABSSSI therapies expected to enter the Acute Bacterial Infections of Skin and Skin Structure market along with detailed coverage of therapies under development at preclinical and clinical stages of development, partnerships taking place in the field, recent events in space and growth prospects in the field of diabetes.
Some of the highlights of the ABSSSI pipeline report:
- Acute Bacterial Infections of Skin and Skin Structures Drug Pipeline Report Offers Comprehensive Analysis of 15+ key players and 15+ key therapies.
- The ABSSSI pipeline includes TNP-2092 (TenNor Therapeutics), TXA709 (Taxis Pharmaceuticals), Afabicin (Debiopharm Group), Ceftobiprole Medocaril (Basilea Pharmaceutica), Brilacidin (Innovation Pharmaceuticals), Cannabidiol (Botanix Pharmaceuticals), and several more are expected to launch over the next decade.
- Of all the emerging therapies, Ceftobiprole Medocaril the pro-drug of the active moiety ceftobiprole, a cephalosporin antibiotic for intravenous administration with rapid bactericidal activity against a wide range of Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria studied in a phase III clinical trial will prove to be the most effective treatment of the treatment of acute bacterial infections of the skin and skin structures.
- Afabicin (Debio 1450), is a new antibiotic developed by Debiopharm benefiting from oral and IV formulations. It is a highly potent antibiotic, selective for staphylococcus, with a low propensity for the emergence of resistance. This first FabI inhibitor retains its activity on strains of staphylococci resistant to antibiotics currently in clinical use, in particular beta-lactams, vancomycin, daptomycin or linezolid. The therapeutic candidate should be evaluated in bone and joint infections caused by staphylococci. The drug has completed a large phase II study for the treatment of acute bacterial infections of the skin and skin structures.
- TXA709 targets ABSSSI caused by Staphylococcus aureus, including strains resistant to methicillin. The drug received a Qualified product against infectious diseases (QIDP) of the US Food and Drug Administration. TXA709 is a prodrug, a biologically inactive compound that can be metabolized in the body to produce a drug, TXA707, a benzoic acid derivative that disrupts the form and function of the bacterial protein FtsZ, which plays a role essential in bacterial cell division.
Request a sample to learn more about therapies that are configured to enter the maximum number of patients @ Emerging ABSSSI Therapies and Predictions
Acute bacterial infection of the skin and skin structures is a bacterial infection of the skin and associated tissues. The FDA defines skin and skin structure infections as acute bacterial infection of the skin and skin structures or ABSSSI if the infection is accompanied by redness, edema, and / or induration of the skin. a minimum area of 75 cm2, accompanied by enlarged lymph nodes or systemic symptoms such as fever ≥ 38 ° C (100.4 ° F).
Some of the most common bacterial pathogens that cause acute bacterial infections of the skin and skin structures are Streptococcus pyogenes and Staphylococcus aureus, including methicillin resistant S. aureus. Less common causes include other Streptococcus species, Enterococcus faecalis, or Gram-negative bacteria.
The severity of acute bacterial infections of the skin and skin structures has led to an increasing emphasis on identifying new strategies to treat this disease.
For more information on emerging drugs, visit Pipeline Analysis of Acute Bacterial Infections of Skin and Skin Structures
ABSSSI pipeline drugs
|III||Cell wall inhibitors; Peptidyl transferase inhibitors||Intravenous|
|II||DNA gyrase inhibitors; DNA topoisomerase inhibitors; DNA-directed RNA polymerase inhibitors; RNA synthesis inhibitors||Intravenous|
|II||Cell membrane permeability enhancers; Modulators of cell membrane structure; Immunomodulators; Cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase type 4 inhibitors; Viral internalization inhibitors||Intravenous|
|Afabicin||Debiopharm Group||II||Enoyl-ACP reductase inhibitors||Intravenous and oral|
|Contezolid acefosamil||MicuRx Pharmaceuticals||II||Protein synthesis inhibitors||Intravenous and oral|
|TXA709||Pharmaceuticals Taxis||I||Bacterial FtsZ protein inhibitors||N / A|
|Preclinical||Antioxidants; Inverse agonists of the cannabinoid receptor CB1; Inverse agonists of the cannabinoid receptor CB2; Serotonin 1 receptor modulators; Transient Receptor Potential Channel Modulators||N / A|
Sample request to find out more @ Acute Bacterial Infections of Skin and Skin Structures Pipeline Analysis, Key Companies and Futuristic Trends
Acute bacterial infections of the skin and skin structures Drugs and therapeutic evaluation
The ABSSSI Pipeline Report presents comprehensive information on the active ABSSSI pipeline assets segmented by stage, ABSSSI product type, route of administration, molecule type, target and indications of various drugs.
By product type
- Phase I
- Phase II
- Phase III
By molecule type
- Small molecule
- Genetical therapy
- Stem cell therapy
By route of administration
By mechanism of action
- Cell wall inhibitors
- Cell membrane permeability enhancers
- Enoyl-ACP reductase inhibitors
- DNA gyrase inhibitors
- Bacterial FtsZ protein inhibitors
- Cannabinoid CB1 receptor inverse agonists
- Multiple kinase
By step and route of administration
By stage and type of product
Reach out for Rich and in-depth valuation and advisory solutions from the market
Scope of the report
Key players: Basilea Pharmaceutica, TenNor Therapeutics, Innovation Pharmaceuticals, Debiopharm Group, MicuRx Pharmaceuticals, Taxis Pharmaceuticals, Botanix Pharmaceuticals, Motif Bio, KBP Biosciences, Atox Bio and others.
Key ABSSSI pipeline therapies: Ceftobiprole medocaril, TNP-2092, Brilacidin, Afabicin, Contezolid acefosamil, TXA709, Cannabidiol, KBP-7072, Nemonoxacin, AB-103 and others.
Go to @ Pipeline of acute bacterial infections of the skin and cutaneous structures: new therapies and emerging technologies
|3||Overview of Acute Bacterial Infections of the Skin and Skin Structures|
|4||ABSSSI Pipeline Therapeutics|
|5||Acute bacterial infections of the skin and skin structures Pipeline Therapeutic evaluation|
|6||Acute Bacterial Infections of Skin and Skin Structures – The Analytical Perspective of DelveInsight|
|7||In-depth assessment of the ABSSSI commercial pipeline|
|8||Collaborative offers on acute bacterial infections of the skin and skin structures|
|9||Advanced stage ABSSSI pipeline products (phase III and pre-registration)|
|ten||Acute Bacterial Infections of Skin and Intermediate-Stage Skin Structures Pipeline Products (Phase II)|
|11||Preclinical and Discovery stage ABSSSI pipeline products|
|12||Acute inactive bacterial infections of the skin and skin structures Pipeline products|
|13||Acute bacterial infections of the skin and skin structures Key companies|
|14||Key products ABSSSI|
|15||Acute bacterial infections of the skin and skin structures Unmet needs|
|16||Acute Bacterial Infections of Skin and Skin Structure Market Drivers and Obstacles|
|17||Future prospects and conclusion of the ABSSSI|
|18||Acute bacterial infections of the skin and skin structures Analyst’s views of the pipeline|
Visit to learn more about what’s covered @ Emerging therapies ABSSSI
Acute Bacterial Infections Of Skin And Skin Structures Market
“Acute Bacterial Infections of Skin and Skin Structures by DelveInsight – Market Overview, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2030” report.
Acne Vulgaris Market
DelveInsight’s “Acne Vulgaris Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast-2030” report.
Moderate to Severe Atopic Dermatitis Market
DelveInsight’s “Moderate to Severe Atopic Dermatitis (AD) – Market Outlook, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2030” report.
Acral lentiginous melanoma market
DelveInsight’s “Lentiginous Acral Melanoma – Market Outlook, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2030” report.
Androgenetic Alopecia Market
DelveInsight’s “Androgenetic Alopecia Market Overview, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2030” report.
ABSSSI market and key treatments
Atopic Dermatitis Market
Pipeline and therapies for rosacea
Clinical trials on marijuana
Opioid withdrawal cocktail
DelveInsight is a leading business consulting and market research firm specializing exclusively in the life sciences. It supports pharmaceutical companies by providing them with complete end-to-end solutions to improve their performance. Get hassle-free access to all healthcare and pharmacy market research reports through our subscription platform PharmDelve.
For more information visit Pharma, Health and Biotech news