Two more State motor vehicle agencies closed Wednesday after employees at Newark Regional / Licensing Center and Wayne Licensing Center tested positive for COVID-19.
The Newark branch reopened and closed the same day, after an employee there tested positive for the coronavirus on Wednesday. It will be closed until December 31.
The Wayne agency will reopen on December 24 after the last visit by an employee who tested positive on December 9.
They join 12 other MVC agencies that are closed until next week, shutting down 14 of the state’s 39 agencies due to the coronavirus.
These branches will reopen according to the following schedule:
- Cardiff Licensing Center – reopens December 17th.
- North Bergen Licensing Center – reopens December 17.
- Freehold Licensing Center – reopens December 21.
- Toms River Licensing Center – reopens December 22.
- Bayonne License Center – reopening on December 23.
- Wallington Vehicle Center – reopens December 23.
- Edison Licensing Center – reopens December 24.
- Vineland Licensing Center – reopens December 26.
- Jersey City Vehicle Center – reopens December 26.
- Turnersville Vehicle Center – reopens December 26.
- Somerville Vehicle Center – reopens December 26
- Paterson Regional Service Center – reopens December 26
Appointments at vehicle centers for new titles / registrations and registration renewals for customers not eligible for online renewal can be scheduled at NJMVC.gov. Other appointment times are added.
Drivers should check the status of the agency they intend to visit on NJMVC.gov before going there.
They should also check the new “cheat sheet” guide on the MVC website to determine if they need an appointment or can transact on the MVC website.
Our journalism needs your support. Please register today at NJ.com.
Larry Higgs can be reached at [email protected].