After offering low-band 5G network coverage to subscribers for a while, T-Mobile rolled out its Ultra Capacity 5G service late last year. Ultra Capacity 5G includes a mix of 2.5 GHz mid-band and 5G high-band mm-wave spectrum, offering a balance of wide coverage and fast speeds.
Operating more than 20,100 locations across the United States, Bellevue, Wash.-based T-Mobile currently serves approximately 106 million customers with more than 75,000 employees.
See below for all about T-Mobile’s position in the enterprise 5G market:
T-Mobile and the enterprise 5G market
Unlike Verizon and AT&T, T-Mobile does not use controversial C-band spectrum to provide mid-range, high-speed, wide-coverage 5G service. While 5G C-band networks could endanger air travel, T-Mobile continues to lead the 5G market with a median download speed of 191.12 Mbps.
By comparison, Verizon clocked in with a median download speed of 107.25 Mbps, while AT&T trails at 68.43 Mbps.
T-Mobile 5G Features
- T-Mobile offers an estimated 40% increase in download speeds with unlimited data and coverage
- T-Mobile Collaborate suite of mobile-centric tools helps employees work from anywhere
- Maximize productivity with actionable insights for fleet operations
- Customers gain on-demand visibility into assets, their condition and current location to protect investments and reduce operating costs
- Connect, monitor and improve a variety of Internet of Things (IoT) devices
- Cloud-based voice and collaboration solutions are available
- Secure threat management solutions are available
- T-Mobile offers full integration with Microsoft 365
Many industries will reap the benefits offered by T-Mobile 5G technology with more reliable connectivity at higher speeds:
- Aid educational institutions stay ahead of changing student and employer expectations
- Enhances student experience with physical and digital learning, experiences, and tools
- Increases operational efficiency on large campuses with varied infrastructure
- Maximizes the value of data across many and diverse demographic, socio-economic and geographic populations
- Reaches more patients, at lower cost, with telehealth
- Powers robotics, improves patient care while increasing business resiliency
- Provides artificial intelligence (AI) the power to perform predictive analytics
- Accelerated healthcare provider innovation enabling new capabilities for practices, reducing telecommunications costs and helping to comply with regulations
- Meet operational needs, manage patient expectations using connected infrastructure that supports emerging technologies and evolving public health issues
- Creates highly personalized shopping experiences, directs shoppers to desired products and delivers targeted promotions
- Improves employee productivity by making it easier to locate products and check stock levels
- Takes better care of worker safety and well-being by monitoring employees and tracking workplace accidents
- Coordinates physical and digital retail environments, including connecting multiple locations
Manufacturing and warehouse management
- Increases efficiency and productivity by delivering faster, safer and longer lasting products manufacturing results
- Enables innovations in automation and digitization
- Increases utilization, reduces waste, creates more innovative business models and improves worker safety.
- Makes manufacturing facilities dynamic with technologies such as computer vision to monitor assembly processes, equipment and environments and detect defects
Transport and logistics
- Fuels transportation industry transformation
- Improves supply chain efficiency and resilience, improving profitability and customer satisfaction
- Supports the creation, capture and delivery of data regardless of the location of business assets using real-time digital dashboards and metrics
- Avoid costly delays and tied up resources with predictive vehicle tracking and maintenance
- Leverages machine learning (ML) algorithms to create accurate models describing fleet capacity, including driver availability, hours of service, and maintenance schedules
As businesses begin to embrace 5G technology, T-Mobile argues that organizations should encompass all three 5G spectra (low band 600–800 MHz, mid band 1.6–5.8 GHz and high band 24 GHz+).
With the development of 5G innovation, T-Mobile has identified several use cases what technology can bring to the industry in the years to come:
- Health care: Patients may be able to return home after treatment or surgery with the availability of wearable devices capable of providing 24/7 monitoring. Home care could be supplemented further, allowing traveling nurses to onboard patients, review and submit prescriptions, and interact with doctors and specialists via video conferencing.
- Production and warehouse management: Sophisticated robots could be deployed and controlled from anywhere, improving the safety of human workers, who can then be assigned to other less dangerous areas.
- Field operations: Reliable, high-speed connectivity can empower skilled craftspeople in the industry to provide real-time support, collaboration, and advice in remote or remote locations. And immersive technologies like headsets and augmented reality (AR) apps can make troubleshooting quick and efficient.
- Agriculture: Although farmers are already using 4G to monitor crops and soil conditions, 5G can make this practice faster and more scalable. The data generated can improve production, increase profit margins and stay competitive.
According to Ookla in their Speed test intelligence report, T-Mobile ranks first in every performance category they measure: including fastest carrier, latency, consistency, 5G performance, 5G uptime, and 5G consistency.
Users also rate T-Mobile highly, with Gartner Peer Insights ranking T-Mobile at 4.3 out of 5.
Some of T-Mobile’s corporate responsibility commitments include:
- $100 million spent in direct and in-kind donations to support local communities
- $3 billion spent with various vendors
- $22.4 million invested in ongoing employee training
- Approximately 20 million meals delivered to families and children in need through donations to Feeding America
- 2.5 million students from kindergarten to terminale connected
- 100% Disability Equality Index
- Listed in Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For